Saturday, May 5, 2012

Work or Run?

So the Vancouver Marathon is a day away. As a result of a mistake in my scheduling at work, it appears I am working that day. I have thought long and hard about taking the day off, however that is not going to work. If I take the day off, that means that one of the other three By-law enforcement officers have to take my shift. We all work full time shifts so this means they will be working an extra shift.

I am also still in my first month of the job and I will be taken another week or so off in less than a month to go the Brain Injury Conference. So I have decided to miss this Marathon.

This was not an easy decision, however when I way the pro's and con's it just doesn't make any sense. It took me a long time to find a job I enjoy, people I like working with, and a company that treats me amicably. I don't want to burn that bridge at this stage.

I will be training for the Surrey Marathon that is in September. I will update more about that. I have also started a weight lifting routine. My next machine is to get all buff like Arnold ;') So I will be blogging about that journey.

I have a bunch of new equipment and some great new items that I have been using and will do some reviews on. Right now though, I really need to focus on my job. My wife works so hard, and has worked so hard since my injury. I just don't feel right taking a day off to follow something that pays off only me.

So ya, sad day. However I can now pay some bills!!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment