Friday, February 17, 2012

22nd Pacific Coast Brain Injury Conference

All I can say is Wow. What a conference. I am so mentally drained. It was so much information. So many fantastic people.

The big things that I took home from this for me personally were I need to research more on Trauma and how the psychological ramifications of what happens after we have suffered a trauma. I never thought of that.

I studied memory, temporal lobe's, some psych, and other things. I learned how to manage anger, frustration, mood swings. I studied Anxiety disorders, I studied depression. I never looked into trauma.

So I grabbed Dr. Gaber Mate's books and started read. Let' see where the journey of understanding trauma takes me.

I was unable to do any running this week. I was working hard doing some dry walling for a friend then three days at the 22nd Pacific Coast Brain Injury Conference

I also start an intense training tomorrow to become a licenses personal trainer at Infofit  So it has been an intense week and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down.

However the one thing that has missed has been my running. I really feel it as well. I need to move. So I am hoping Monday I can go for a nice long run. I am planning on hitting the 32km mark and just going for a really nice, long slow run. Empty my head and just move.

Crap I need to sleep. My head was way over stimulated.

No comments:

Post a Comment