Sunday, February 12, 2012

Feeling so much better after my run

Oh the joy of brain injury and short term memory loss.

The last couple of days have left me mentally shot. I did not want to get up today. I slept like crap and did not want to move.

I have the most amazing wife who made me some good old fashioned steel cut oats this morning.

I dragged my lethargic ass out of bed and walked with her to Starbucks in my pajamas. Yup. It was one of those days.

She made a great effort to cheer me up and it worked.

I got back home and checked my email, watched the news and looked outside. Cold and wet. Then I when I was running through the Rocky Mountains and in St Johns in -10 degree weather and a snow storm. This made me remember the joys of an indoor treadmill with a tv on it.

So off to the gym I went. It's in imperial (miles) instead of metric (kilomotemtes) but I packed in 12 miles in a slow 2:20. I started of very slow. Not really wanting to run. However there was a "Walking Dead" marathon on and I got hooked.

People came and went in the gym. I got some energy with my Vega sports.

I did some basic push-ups and sit-ups and few upper body weights.

Got home and realized I forgot my phone and some of my workout equipment.

So I had my recovery drink, and some apples and now I am heading out.

Always feel better after a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment