Friday, February 10, 2012


Hill Repeats by temporallobe at Garmin Connect - Details

Went out for my first run for the Vancouver Marathon today. This may seem like a little bit of a late start however I think I have a pretty good "base" at this point.

So I did some hill repeats in New Westminster after a little warm up. Then I ran through the Quay as a cool down.

Having run across the country I have a much better idea of what my physical limits are. I am used to running a marathon a day. So I got pretty good recognizing where my energy level's ebb and flow.

When I first starting running and was training at the Running Room for my first Marathon in 2006. I had no understanding of certain terms. We would have Speed building days, strength building runs, and long runs. I was just lucky if I kept up and was always afraid of being last. This changed over the years of running.

So today instead of just trying to "get to the finish" of the days run. I warmed up, got to my hill, and I pushed it. I mean I ran as hard as I could up the hill. I left it all on the hill. I would then walk down the hill as a rest. Then push back up.

At the end of the hill repeat I went on a short cool down run through the Quay in New Westminster.


When I got home I had a cup of chocolate milk (My favorite recovery drink when I don't have Vega)

I am now doing some stretches as I do the blog and then I am going to hit the gym.


No comments:

Post a Comment