Thursday, March 15, 2012

Job update

Just an update of the job hunt progress. I recently have had two offers for jobs. I want to respect the privacy of each company but I can say this. It's been a hard journey, I have faced many, many rejections. I have fought hard, and when the questions of "what is with this gap in employment" comes up you can see the eyes glace over when I stay I suffered a brain injury. My last interview I did no...t bring it up. I stated that I volunteered and I ran across the country because it was a personal mission for me. This got me to the next stage of interview. This time I had there attention, they had gotten to know me personally and were willing to listen to me. The conversation turned from an interview into a discussion on how one of there family members suffered a stroke. That they had recovered but faced challenges. I was able to provide my advice on my journey and give them some hope that things change. It was a great interview. I still don't have the job as the hiring process is very in-depth. However it is the furthest I have gotten since finishing my run to remember.
 
I have been running but a little sporadically. My shifts as a security guard are till about 1:00 am in the morning and then I have to get home. So it's been a little bit of a change of my daily routine.
 
I really like the company I am working for. Very professional, very considerate and take a great deal interest in the safety of there staff. So it's been a really good experience. The company I am working for is called by Maluco Security Group
 
So I apologize for the infrequency of my blog posts, life just get's in the way sometimes. However I have been feeling a little more positive this last little bit. It's been a rough road, it's been a journey. I don't recommend it, but I can also say that it's never boring.
 
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment